MODALERT® (Modafinil, Provigil) is an analeptic drug, which is analogous to stimulants. It works by stimulating particular areas in the central nervous system that are responsible for respiration, such as medulla and spinal cord. It eliminates the disproportion of the brain neurotransmitters by preventing the back absorption of certain brain chemicals, which results in increased alertness. Modalert is used to treat excessive daytime sleepiness (narcolepsy) and shift work sleep disorder. Besides, it nourishes the brain nerve cells by increasing the blood and oxygen supply, thus enhancing memory and cognitive skills.
- Reduces Narcolepsy.
- Eliminates Shift Work Sleep Disorder.
- Reduces Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Associated with Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
- Enhances Cognitive Abilities, Focus, and Memory.
GUARANTEE & EXPIRY DATE
100% original pharmacy product from Indian Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. All packs are airtight sealed and expire up to 04.2025.
Modalert is an analeptic stimulant medication. The active substance of Modalert is modafinil. The mechanism of action of modafinil has not been fully determined. But it has been found that modafinil increases the levels of neurotransmitters such as noradrenalin, dopamine, histamine, serotonin, glutamate, and GABA by influencing the receptors on the locus coeruleus, nucleus accumbens, and tuberomamillary nuclei in the posterior hypothalamus in the brain. The increase in these neurotransmitters provides a positive impact on treating narcolepsy and promoting wakefulness.
INSTRUCTIONS & DOSAGE
Active substance: modafinil USP 200mg
For oral administration. The pills should be swallowed with water.
- Narcoleptic syndrome or obstructive sleep apnea: usual dose is 200-400mg 2 times/day, or as a single dose in the morning.
- Shift-work sleep disorder: the daily dose is 200 mg taken as a single dose 1 hour before starting work.
- Elderly patients and adults with severe kidney and liver problems: usual dose is 100 mg 1-2 times/day, in the morning and at midday.
Store in a dry place at room temperature. Do not exceed a storage temperature higher than 25 degrees Celsius. Keep away from direct sunlight. Keep locked and away from children.